Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Midway September

These two weeks have been really interesting for me.

First of all, I've decided to take a break from Ballroom dancing. I plan to continue, but not this month, and maybe not next month.

Secondly, I got to see my parish priest again. I asked him some pretty tough questions regarding Catholicism. Especially the dogma surrounding Mary. Still, he stood his ground and gave honest answers. Mad respect to him. He's definitely not an intellectual lightweight.

More than that though, that follow up meeting was very important to me. I'm struggling with what I should be doing with my life right now. I've lately been wondering what I really am meant to do in my life. Talking to my priest, he's suggested a few things (pray, discern) and I'm more than likely gonna have another follow-up meeting with him again.

With that out of the way, how did I fare in my last two weeks? Well here's my progress:

I've learned a new phrase in Ilokano! Adda napintas a dammag ditoy which literally means "There is good news here."

As far as my Calorie counting? Well these past 14 days I've eaten about 25,600 Calories worth of food, or around 1,828 Calories a day. I'm surprised because on September 4th my cousins and I went out to the LA County Fair and gorged on deep-fried everything.

Speaking of food, I'm gonna be cooking Pork Adobo by the end of this month!

And another thing I'll be doing by the end of the month will be finishing up that Game Design Document. It's been a while since I've touched that, but I plan to finish at least a proof of concept by the end of the year.

Books. Ah books. I never thought I'd be reading so much. I used to hate books. But I'm finding more and more that I really don't hate it so much. I finished Mere Christianity (brilliant book) and am onto The Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton, who is another Christian Apologist. I love how these guys use rational, coherent thought and logic to explain the Christian faith.

And that's it! How's my swearing? Well I feel weird now if I ever say a vulgar word. I'm pretty sure I haven't used any swear words these past 2 weeks. So I give myself a pat on the back for that one.

Until next time, keep hitting F5 on your browser!

1 comment:

  1. Sigurado adda napintas ti damag dito Mark...Dios ti agnina Mark sa namnamamo ket pammati ti nagannak kenka...

    ReplyDelete