Sunday, January 10, 2010

Resolution progress update.

It's been about a week, and so far I've accomplished some of my sub-resolutions.

Learn Ilokano
  • Learned mai-mai-sah, which means "by yourself"

Improve Tagalog by speaking a different sentence a day
  • Saying hoy pare here and gutom na ako there
  • Learned what pooki means!

Learn to cook a new meal each month
  • Decided to cook fried rice some time this month. Shouldn't be too difficult

Find a new hobby
  • I've been getting great suggestions from Facebook. Some of them include: photography, hang gliding, and painting. Still need to decide on one.

Befriend someone new
  • I should just go and say hi to a stranger and invite him/her to a coffee one day.

Consume an average of 1800 Calories per day
  • This one's tough. So far I've consumed about 10,200 Calories over six days, which is about 1700 Calories per day. (I'm pretty sure my estimates are off but that's okay!)

Read 5 new books
  • Found two to read so far (thanks Facebook friends!): Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen, and Ender's Game by Orson Scott. Still need to get started.

Maintain budget of $40 per month for game related purchases
  • used $40 out of $480 for the year. This includes my WoW subscription + a new optical mouse

Learn a new technology and implement it (software or hardware)
  • gonna make a Facebook App. Pretty excited about this one!

Spend at least 20 minutes a day to walk the dogs
  • I've been keeping up. Haven't missed a day yet.

Don't curse for 300 days
  • Ack, probably my worst one. I've managed to go swear-free for only 4 days. Tough roads ahead.

Make money off investments
  • Woohoo go BAC! Made ~$500 so far!

Learn 5 new songs for piano
  • Here are two I've decided to learn: Don't Stop Believin', and 100 Years

Learn 5 new songs for guitar
  • May as well learn the above two songs for guitar!

Teach Charlie new tricks
  • I need to start soon!

Read a book from the Bible each month
  • Need to start this one soon as well!

So far so good, I think. If you have suggestions to any of the above, drop a comment or leave something on my Facebook wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment