Sunday, November 21, 2010

1.5 months to go

I just realized something scary. There are only a few weeks left in 2010. My blog name will be obsolete! So I'll have to think up of a new name for it soon.

"So Mark, what have you been up to these past days?" you may be wondering. A lot actually. And it's been a fun and busy 2 weeks so far.

First, I'd just like to mention what a blast it is to be participating in my church's choir. I'm not that good, but the rest of the singers are amazing! In fact, I enjoy singing so much, I even joined the Christmas choir! I am way WAAAY below their level. I'm just in for the ride, and I just wanna be around them to improve my singing.

I'm gonna head back to Canada and hang with my buddies for New Years'! I still haven't booked a flight yet. Better get on that pronto.

Lemme get on with the show. How is my progress report?

Calorie count. I've behaved these past 15 days and only ate about 27,880 Calories, or 1858 Calories per day. Which is where I want to be each day. I wonder what the total is for the year? Oh well I'll calculate that later.

My pastor mentor gave me a new book to read called, "The Gospel According to Rome" which compares the Catholic teachings to Biblical teachings. Fairly interesting stuff.

What about my Facebook game?? Damn, this is cutting it close. I think I just want to make a Hello World type of program on Flash by the end of the year, and then start fresh in 2011. I'll have to talk to my friend about it.

Anyhoo, I'm almost done the OT. Just need to finish up on the minor prophets, then I'll be reading the NT! Actually I've read a few books in it already (couldn't wait). Never has the Bible felt so alive. There are some really interesting insights that book offers.

And I guess that's it. I'll have to think about a lot of stuff for the rest of the year. Stuff like what to do with this blog, the Facebook game, where my career should be heading and all that jazz. But that's for next year. Until the end of the month/beginning of December, cya!

1 comment:

  1. Mark if you have time to read books dwelling on faults of catholicism see something from our perspective too...
    http://www.christianbook.com/born-fundamentalist-again-catholic/david-currie/9780898705690/pd/05699
    the first if you could buy it is a beautiful perspective which kept me staying where I am...as David says in the catholic convents of priests he never saw a book pertaining to how to fight protestantism but his father and other protestant pastors library's were full of guides how to fight catholicism...remember what I said over the phone God wants us to be one...but lets see who has the direct line back to Christ and who made split and join on the way...
    other links have free texts on the internet...contact me if you have questions Mark...
    http://www.staycatholic.com/free_online_book.htm
    http://www.staycatholic.com/
    http://www.staycatholic.com/reading_list.htm

    God bless all you do in this 2011
    Jozef

    ReplyDelete