Tuesday, December 7, 2010

November Wrap-up

And then there was one.

11 months have past. And I can't believe how quickly it has gone by.

I think that 2010 marks a turning point in my life. For 26 years I've wandered and coasted, not really wanting anything. But this year -- my 27th year -- things were different.

This blog has been a great tool. It has helped me focus in achieving goals and things I thought I'd never be able to do. What's more amazing is that I more or less stuck to those goals. I even stuck to this blog! Fancy that.

It's amazing really. At the beginning of 2010, I honestly thought I wouldn't achieve half my goals. In fact, I thought that I wouldn't continue this blog anymore! I think I'm overall more happy, healthier, and friendlier.

---

Thanksgiving past by like a twinkle of an eye. It was pure family fun and food. Lotsa turkey. Lotsa potatoes. Lotsa albacore fish. Lotsa desserts. I ate a ton of food on Thanksgiving. Almost all my cousins were there. We had a blast.

Didn't really get anything that Black Friday. I did shop for my exchange presents for my cousins. Having said that, I have spent a crap ton of money on December alone on bills and my plane ticket to Toronto (gonna go during New Years!)

Ah yes, I must confess something. I bought the Xbox Kinect + Dance Central. Yes I know. There goes $200. So that's $ 400 / 480 of my gaming budget. I dunno if I can afford any more. I have to buy Cataclysm, too so that's another $X amount of money. Damn games burning a hole through my pocket.

Welp the good news is that I've surprisingly controlled my eating the last 15 days of November! I ate about 29,600 Calories during that time, or about 1,973 Calories per day. Not bad for a month where food is the primary focus.

Unfortunately I didn't prepare any meals that month, unless helping stuff and cook the turkey counts. But I do plan to make pancit (Filipino noodle dish) for my company's potluck! It'll be great.

Just wanted to mention that December has been an awesome month so far. I got to carol to some old folks in retirement homes. They were super grateful for having the caroling group come over. It really gave me a real sense of Christmas. I can't wait to sing on Christmas mass with the Christmas choir. Should even be more awesome!

Welp that's it folks. Thanks for reading. 2011 is quickly approaching and this blog will probably need a new look and new name. Til next update, have a fun December!

1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    maybe you too need new look,
    maybe you need to see your past in new perspective,
    maybe you need to believe more that you are going into the right direction,
    maybe you need to understand the faith you come from based on better knowledge not only feelings,
    and lastly you always find Christ if you look for Him and remember he is in the Catholic church too, I am always sorry for those who could not find Him there...God bless you Mark in this New 2011 Year!!!
    Jozef

    ReplyDelete