Monday, February 15, 2010

February 1 - 14 Update

Apologies for last week's lack of update. Good news is, this update will contain 2x as much goodness. Here we go:
  • Learn to cook a recipe a month (2 / 12):
    Yema candies complete!

    Need suggestions for March. Hit me up with some!

  • Find a new hobby
    Seriously looking into ballroom dancing. Next week I'll inquire about it.

  • Befriend someone new
    None yet, but I am saying "hi" and "hello" to random strangers. One'll eventually be my new friend!

  • Consume an average of 1,800 Calories per day (66,450 / 657,000 total for the year)
    Consumed about 27,200 Calories these past 14 days, which is about 1940 Calories per day. Went over, but too much good food going on! This Saturday I pigged out at Gery's Grill (some Filipino restaurant); their Sisig is overrated, but I was hungry!

  • Read 5 new books (1 / 5)
    Finished Return of the Prodigal Son
    by Henri Nouwen. It is crazy good. I have a much greater appreciation of the parable of the Prodigal Son now. Highly recommended. Still need 3 other books for my booklist.

  • Maintain a budget of $ 40 per month for gaming-related purchases ($55 / $480 for the year)
    My WoW subscription just renewed. I think I'm gonna cancel it since I hardly play it anymore. Great new games are just around the corner: Battlefield: BC2, FFXIII, and a few others. Gonna have to stick to my budget!

  • Don't curse for 300 days ( 39 / 300 days)
    I went 13 / 14 these past two weeks. I'm getting the cursing under control. Although, there are still those times when you can't help but blurt it out. E.g. I rolled my ankle last Thursday and out came the F-bomb.

  • Learn 5 new piano songs ( 2 / 5 )
    100 Years
    is complete! Candidate songs to play: Journey - Faithfully, Rhianna - Umbrella, Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline

  • Learn 5 new guitar songs ( 0 / 5 )
    I've decided to split this one from the above. I'm gonna try to learn 5 different
    songs. So far my playlist is: John Mayer - Daughters, Joshua Radin - I'd rather be with You. Need more songs!

  • Read one book from the Bible each month ( 2 / 12 )
    1 Samuel was awesome! That has the stories of David and Goliath, David vs. Saul. I'm actually reading ahead to 2 Samuel. The Bible's pretty interesting I must say!
And that wraps it up! Next week's post should be awesome as well. I'm definitely excited about possibly ballroom dancing. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment