Monday, February 1, 2010

Wrapping up January

And there goes January. Too fast, I must say. Here's my progress report so far:

Learn Ilokano
  • Still haven't learned anything new apart from, mai mai sah, away, and sing sing put.
Improve Tagalog by speaking a different each day
  • My sentences still suck and are too simple. Need to continue improving my fluency; I still have to think to construct these sentences.
Learn to cook a new recipe each month (1 / 12)
  • January's Fried Rice! What's in store for February? Who knows.
Find new hobby
  • Still looking. Ballroom perhaps?
Befriend someone new
  • Not yet. I will one of these days.
Consume an average of 1,800 Calories per day (54,250 / 657,000 KCal for the year)
  • Consumed about 13,200 Calories last week, pushing me up to a total of 52,450 which is about 1,700 Calories per day.
Read 5 new books (1 / 5)
  • Finished Return of the Prodigal Son. Onto Ender's Game. Still need 3 more books to read.
Maintain a budget of $40 for game-related purchases ( $40 / 480 for the year)
  • Been pretty good about this. No other purchases were made since early January. Sweet.
Create Facebook app
  • Starting research on how to get started and what I need. I need to learn Flash to make it look nice and pretty.
Spend at least 20 minutes walking the dogs
  • Well when I can, I do. There was a week when it just rained all day and night; can't do anything about that.
Don't curse for 300 days ( 16 / 300 )
  • Curse-free all last week! Still a long journey ahead.
Make money off investments ( $500 / $5,000 )
  • Stock market's not going up, nor going down. Meh. If I day-trade hard I'm sure I'll make the next tier ($ 1,000).
Don't miss Church
  • Went all 5 times in January.
Find a new job (or prospective job) by the end of the year
  • Long way to go before this one gets considered.
Buy own place
  • Hopefully when my Dad gets a job, I can start going on my condo hunt again!
Learn five new guitar and piano songs (1 / 5)
  • Don't Stop Believin' is good to go. Learning 100 Years by Five for Fighting, which is all sorts of fun.
Teach Charlie new tricks
  • I tried to teach him something, but the dog's got an attention span of a flea. I'll persevere.
Read one book from the Bible each month
  • Finished Judges. Gideon owning the Mideonites with his 300 men was great. Also read some Ruth, but that's only 4 chapters. Onto 1 Samuel.
And that's January. February's the shortest month; we'll see how much I can accomplish during this time. I need suggestions for books, hobbies, and songs! Post a comment or use Facebook to message me! See you readers next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment