Monday, March 8, 2010

1st of March to the 7th of March

So for two months in a row, the 1st has started, conveniently for me, on a Monday! So here are my Monday - Sunday updates for the week:

Learn to cook a new recipe each month (2 / 12)
  • Need suggestions! Cousins suggested Baked Alaska. Seems doable, but I want to make a non-pastry item, if possible.
Find new hobby
  • Who knew cha-cha could be so fun? Just attended my 2nd class and it's still a blast! Learned three new "moves" today: crossover break, walk around turn, and cross body lead. Good stuff!
Befriend someone new
  • No new friends yet, but I have been talking to some really cool people in dance class! I'll try to be even more friendly and open next class.
Consume an average of 1,800 Calories per day (104,020 / 657,000 KCal for the year)
  • Consumed about 12,950 Calories. That's about 1,850 Calories per day. I went all out Sunday (had McDonald's for breakfast, lunch, and some for dinner) for some reason.
Read 5 new books (2 / 5)
  • C.S. Lewis's Mere Christianity is eye opening. I strongly suggest it. It's informative and logical, but at the same time, it's never feels "cold." The writing has a kind of warmth to it. I liked it.
Maintain a budget of $40 for game-related purchases ( $55 / 480 for the year)
  • TOMORROW IS FF13. I WILL BUY THIS AND PLAY IT UNTIL MY EYES BLEED.
Don't curse for 300 days ( 48 / 300 )
  • Perfect week last week. Getting easier by the week. Substituting "fuzz" and "shazbot" for the F and S-bombs really make it silly sounding insofar as you just want to stop swearing altogether. (Did I use "insofar as" right here??)
Learn five new piano songs (2 / 5)
  • Learning too many songs right now. Need to focus on one. Learning Gounod/Bach's version of Ave Maria, Viva la Vida and A Song for Mama all at once. Not good.
Learn five new guitar songs (0 / 5)
  • I'll do this one after my piano. Guitar songs are super easy to learn.
Teach Charlie new tricks
  • He can do plenty of tricks for a treat, but without it, he can't focus. I think the first thing I need to teach him is to stay.
And that is a wrap to the 1st week of March. Can't wait to videogame my face off tomorrow! Ah just like the good ol' days.

No comments:

Post a Comment