Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June: Week 1

Okay folks, the first week of June is done already. There are a couple things I want to mention before I continue.

First, I realize that HALF THE YEAR HAS FINISHED. That's crazy. It's where in the world did my time go?

Second, since there are only 6 months left, I may have to cut some of my resolutions back (sad, but true.) Which ones? I don't know yet. I'll assess my list again at the end of this month.

With that said, here's my progress for the week:

Learn to cook a new meal each month ( 4 / 12 )
  • Need suggestions. Anything. I am a total noob when it comes to cooking, so something simple, yet something tasty.

Ballroom dancing
  • Started Waltz. This is THE classic ballroom dance. I'm definitely digging it. I'm also taking intermediate Rumba, just to see how it's like. It's not that any more difficult than the previous few lessons in Rumba.

Consume an average of 1800 Calories per day (298,145 / 657,000 calories total for the year)
  • So, once again, I blame family functions for my consumption of 13,780 Calories (1,968 Calories per day). It's tough, but I can persevere.

Maintain budget of $40 per month for game related purchases ($ 170 / $ 480 for the year)
  • Not sure whether I should bite on Mario Galaxy 2. I'm still playing Monster Hunter Tri. We'll see next week.

Make Facebook app
  • Ugh, that document needs to be updated. HEY ALVIN UPDATE IT WITH ME DAG NAB IT.

Don't curse for 300 days (accumulated) (116 / 300)
  • 7 of 7 again. It's getting easier. "Oh mah Buddha" is a great phrase.

Learn 5 new piano songs (4/5)
  • Alright, so here's the thing. I finished up Lamb of God, but I have forgotten how to play Storm by Lifehouse. So I'm back to 4. I think I'm gonna start learning Faithfully by Journey for my final song.

Read the Bible
  • Psalms is complete. I'm on Proverbs now. So far it's been very practical.

Volunteer
  • Spring Fling 2010 here I come!

Draw
  • You want pictures eh? I'll upload em. Wait for some mid-week posts.

And that's that. Not too bad, not too good. Til next week (or sometime this week).

1 comment:

  1. dude... don't worry... i'm almost done chelsea... so close.. once that's done.. it's full fledged GDD

    anyway.. post some ish up.. pictures! drawings! it's so boring to see just words in a blog. make a comic of your struggles to cook or keep up with different resolutions for your blog. you might find it pretty rewarding

    ReplyDelete