Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week II: June

Oops, yesterday's update completely slipped my mind. No excuses on my end. I just plain forgot.

Second week is done. Pretty mundane week I'd say. Just the usual:


Learn to cook a new meal each month
  • I STILL need a recipe here. Suggestions?
Ballroom dancing
  • Waltz is starting to get good. Learning proper form and posture (and this is only beginner's class!) Also I'm taking intermediate Rumba. My "cuban motion" sucks; I've never used my hips so much before. Now I'm starting to feel the aches that come with Rumba.
Consume an average of 1800 Calories per day ( 312,125 / 657,000 calories total for the year)
  • How did I ever do this? Anyhow, another party (my nephew's 1st birthday) thus another pig-out weekend. Ate about 13,980 Calories last week, or 1,997 Calories per day. Weekends should stop being so eventful dagnabbit.
Maintain budget of $40 per month for game related purchases ($ 170 / $ 480 for the year)
  • I've decided not to buy anything (including you Super Mario Galaxy 2) for this month. I figure since I'm still hooked on Monster Hunter 3, why bother getting a new game.
Spend at least 20 minutes a day to walk the dogs
  • I've failed quite a bit on this one. I've been oversleeping for the past few days because my dogs keep sleeping in my room. And when that happens, they always move around, fidget, and even snore. If I close my door, they'll start to scratch it. Ack.
Don't curse for 300 days (accumulated) ( 123 / 300)
  • Went 7 for 7 here. Doing really well I think. Dunno if I'll hit 300 or not.
Make money off investments
  • I am so glad I bought Nintendo stock. You may or may not know, but they're coming out with the successor to Nintendo DS. It's the Nintendo 3DS, and as its name implies, it's 3D. Here's the catch: no glasses! So if I'm to give a good piece of trading advice it's this: invest in NTDOY shares while they're still cheap!
Learn 5 new piano songs (4/5)
  • Learning Faithfully. It's quite an easy song. I'm almost done learning it actually. Next week I'll probably be finished memorizing it.
Volunteer
  • Volunteered some of my time at my church's event called "Spring Fling", which is basically a big family-friendly carnival in the parking lot. I manned the roulette table! It was a ton of fun. Made a lot of people lose, but it was all in good fun! I'd occasionally tell them "if the ball lands on this color, you win!" Never ended up happening though. =[
Draw
  • I'll post something up mid-week.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment