Sunday, July 25, 2010

July week 3 of 4

Whoops, forgot to update yesterday. A thousand Internet apologies for that.

Anyhow, three weeks of July are gone. Let's see how I measured up.


Learn Ilokano
  • Nothing new here. BUT! My Lola's here for a week. That's like a sure-fire way of learning new Ilokano phrases.
Improve Tagalog by speaking a different sentence a day
  • I actually impressed my Lola today with my awesome Tagalog-ing. I forgot what I said, but it was awesome.
Learn to cook a new meal each month
  • I think I missed the boat with this one. Unless I cook sometime mid-week. We'll see.
Ballroom dancing
  • I really struggled with my last lesson with advanced Rumba. I really couldn't get the steps down and it frustrated me. I will be back with a vengeance on Monday!
Consume an average of 1800 Calories per day (381,675 / 657,000 calories total for the year)
  • I think I under-ate last week. Consumed about 1,748 Calories per day for that period. It seems like a miscalculation, but it's a pretty good estimate I'd say.
Make Facebook app
  • I'd say the Game Design Document is complete. At least for the Gameplay section. I'm working on Implementation section (the technical details of how I'd code it, etc.) Boy, it seems like this is work all over again.
Spend at least 20 minutes a day to walk the dogs
  • Man. I'm getting as lazy as Wilbur. I gotta walk them more and for longer periods for sure.
Don't curse for 300 days (accumulated) (161 / 300)
  • Easy 7 of 7.
Don't miss Church
  • I haven't missed one yet. I think it's worth mentioning that my Church's new Priest, Father Paw (yes like how dogs have paws) is an awesome sermonist! Big ups to that man.
Learn 5 new piano songs (5/5)
  • Sure I've learned five. But what's stopping me from learning another? Nothing! So i'm learning Sun and Moon from Miss Saigon.
Learn 5 new guitar songs (0 / 5)
  • I'm currently working on worship songs right now. I want to say I'm done with one, but mebbe one more week to polish it up.

That's how the week went. The coming weekend is Las Vegas! Gonna see my buddies all the way from Canada. Cannot wait.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know you but I somehow stumbled upon this blog and read this. Congrats on keeping up with what you've been doing. Staying on top of goals is the hardest thing. Keep it up, man.

    ReplyDelete