Thursday, April 22, 2010

3rd Week of April is gone!

Okay, so, that week went by way too quickly. Almost scary, actually.

Had an amazing time at my favourite cousin's debut! Can't believe she's 18 now. To think that she was only 13 when I first moved here in America. How time flies.

On with the show!

Learn to cook a new meal each month ( 3 / 12 )
  • I have one week left to make something. Anything. It doesn't even matter. I said adobo, but I'll settle for making a boiled egg just to achieve this goal!
Ballroom dancing
  • I thought tango was easy, until my latest lesson. Sure, the basic, rockstep, corte were easy, but this move is 10x tougher. I don't even know what it's called, but it involves brush points and pivots. I'll get it down.
Consume an average of 1,800 Calories per day ( 189,810 / 657,000 for the year )
  • I blame the crazy awesome weekend I had. Had to celebrate 3 of my cousins' birthdays, so I pigged out. In case you're wondering, I consumed about 13,500 Calories or 1,928 Calories a day.
Read 5 new books
  • Bought the last two: The Great Divorce and My Life with the Saints
Don't curse for 300 days ( 76 / 300 )
  • So this one's a killer now. I've said "itis", "shoot" and "frig" this past week. I'm starting to become aware of how poor my vocabulary is when talking to others. This is good!
Make money off investments
  • Haha, just like that I'm back on the $ 1,000 tier. Wouldn't you know it, the very next day I went all crazy about making $ 1,000 on stocks, I lose it all because Goldman Sachs decided to be fraudulent. Thanks GS!
Learn 5 new piano songs ( 4 / 5 )
  • Almost done completely memorizing Lamb of God!
Volunteer
  • I think I have to cool off the volunteer hunting for the remainder of the month. I'll take another stab at it in May. I have to finish a bunch of my other goals just to keep up.
Draw
  • I deserve a big F here. I've been doodling, but that's it. I haven't really been sitting down and taking my time to draw. I definitely will this week.
Compose
  • And here comes another F. I need a good motivation boost to follow through with this one.

So, I've done pretty poor job of some of my goals. I really need to step it up for this last week. Maybe I can achieve some of those goals once I go to Lake Tahoe to attend some cousin's wedding. Pretty excited about this trip! Til next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment