Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Marches Right Along..

And there goes March. I waited until today so I can wrap up March in one post. Too bad it didn't land on a Monday; that woulda been sweet.

Here's a review of my goals:

Learn Ilokano
  • New word get: awa-nun (awah-nuhn) - "nothing"
Improve Tagalog by speaking a different sentence a day
  • Going to be honest here: I don't do this enough. Need to speak more Tagalog at home. I'll make it a goal to speak at least one sentence at home each night.
Learn to cook a new meal each month
  • 3 down! March's Mac 'n Cheese was great!
Ballroom Dance
  • Done my beginner's Cha-cha. Gonna enroll in beginner's Tango next week. Should be pretty sweet!
Befriend someone new
  • Why is this one so difficult? I meet lotsa new people in ballroom, yet none of them are my friends yet. Maybe this means my social skills need polishing.
Consume an average of 1800 Calories per day (149,640/ 657,000 Calories total for the year)
  • Over the last few days (11 days) of March, I consumed about 21,430 Calories, or about 1,948 Calories per day. Horrible. I blame the birthday parties and good food.
Read 5 new books (2 / 5)
  • Next book is another Christian book called On Earth as it is in Heaven by Warren Wiersbe. It's a book about the Lord's prayer and how to apply it (I think).
Maintain budget of $40 per month for game related purchases ($ 105 / $ 480 for the year)
  • Don't see many purchases in the near future, so I should be good.
Facebook App
  • My friend says I need to get back and focus on this one! It's true; I've neglected this one for a while now. The fire isn't as bright, but it's still lit! I just need something to make that fire big again.
Spend at least 20 minutes a day to walk the dogs
  • Good here. Sometimes I miss a day, but I make it up on the weekends.
Don't curse for 300 days (accumulated) (65 / 300)
  • Not bad. Went 10 for 11. One-fifth there!
Make money off investments
  • Good gains for my stocks over the last month. I'm at the $1,000 tier now. Hopefully another big gain comes this month. Who knows!
Don't miss Church
  • Not a single Church missed! Even went to confession yesterday. Gotta pat myself on the back for this one!
Find a new job (or prospective job) by the end of the year
  • Nothing here, yet.
Buy own place (house/condo)
  • Same as above.
Learn 5 new piano songs (3/5)
  • Learned Storm for my third song. My 4th song I'm currently learning is Ave Maria the Gounod/Bach version.
Learn 5 new guitar songs (0/5)
  • Almost done piano, so I can start this soon!
Teach Charlie (new dog) new tricks
  • He's starting to focus a lot more, so it should be easier from now on. He can sit and paw and lie down, but that's it.
Read Bible
  • Been reading the Old Testament. I've decided not even to count the # of books I read. I'll just read at my own pace. So far it's been awesome to go back and read my "roots". I'm on the book of Job, which is really interesting so far!
And that's it!

Actually no, that's not it. It's not too late to add more resolutions right? So let me share you some new New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Volunteer - for anything or any place
  2. Draw - carry around a sketch book with me everywhere and draw anything
  3. Compose music
Just these three for now. Should add some spice to my year. I can't wait to re-ignite my art and music passion. It's definitely been a while, but the inner-fire is burning for those two things.

Anyhoo, see you all next week (Thursday)! Happy Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment