Thursday, April 8, 2010

First Week of April, Complete!

1st week of April is done. What just happened? Is it true that time seems to fly faster as the older one gets? Sheesh.

On with the show!

Learn to cook a new meal each month
  • April Adobo: sounds good?
Ballroom Dancing
  • Tango is interesting. Especially interesting is the "personality" of the dance. The man must play the strong, confident, MAN'S man who makes it clear that he wants the woman; however, the woman is the I-don't-want-you-but-I-do type who plays hard to get. I like that.
Befriend someone new
  • I gotta stop being so anti-social or something. Hopefully all my activities'll help me meet even more new people.
Consume an average of 1800 Calories per day (162,910 / 657,000 for the year)
  • Did a pretty poor job again last week. Consumed about 13,270 Calories for the week, which is about 1,895 Calories per day. Way above my target. Gotta start disciplining myself again.
Spend at least 20 minutes walking the dogs each day
  • I need to be punished for this one. I ignored some days just because I felt too lazy. Can't do that. Gotta keep on track. Feel free to give me a virtual punch in the face in the comments to help me out.
Don't curse for 300 days ( 72 / 300 days )
  • This is too easy now. Went 7 for 7. I'm going to have to step up the rules here:
    1) Cannot substitute swear words for "friendlier" versions e.g. "frick", "shoot", "eff".
    2) Cannot use the Lord's name in vain or any substitutes e.g. "gosh", "golly".
    This should be fun.
Read the Bible
  • Don't remember if I mentioned this but I'm in the book of Job. Really interesting, but also difficult to read stuff. Taking my time with this one; as I read a chapter, I also look at any commentaries it has (Biblegateway.com).

As for my new New Year's Resolutions:

Volunteer
  • Gonna volunteer for my local Church this Saturday to help out with the Divine Mercy conference. I'm only signed up for an hour, but I'll probably stay the entire period.
Draw
  • First step is to find an art store and pick up supplies. I'll do that this weekend.
Compose
  • Have something already. Working with a G-D-C with some Em chord progression. Gonna be a pop/dance/Christian rock type of song.
And that's the first week. It's been busy, but it's been a good kind of busy.

In other news, I need to go buy my white suit for my favourite cousin's Debut. I bet I'm gonna look damn fine in it.

See you all next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment