Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week 2 of April

Two weeks down. Two to go.

Toronto Raptors suck. That is all I can say. So disappointed in them.

Now for something not so disappointing: updates!

Learn Ilokano
  • I'm up to five! awan pai means "(person) not here". The other four are mai mai sa "by yourself", away "farm", sing sing put "nice person", and awan un "nothing".
Learn to cook a new meal each month
  • April adobo. Did I mention this last week? Anyhow, need to start cooking.
Ballroom dancing
  • Always fun. Saw more newbies coming in for a drop-in lesson! Really cool people joined in.
Consume 1,800 Calories per day ( 176,310 / 657,000 year total )
  • Where'd my discipline go? I ate around 13,400 Calories last week, which is about 1,914 Calories per day. Gotta drink more water to supress my "hunger".
Read 5 new books ( 3 / 5)
  • Finished On Earth as it is in Heaven by Warren Wiersbe. Great book. It definitely shows my prayer life lacks maturity. Two in the book list: The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis and Life with the Saints by James Martin. Dunno which to read first.
Don't curse for 300 days ( 77 / 300 )
  • My extra rules made me go 5 for 7. Very difficult. Even if I don't say the word and replace it with a "friendlier" version, the intent is there. This is gonna take some getting used to.
Make money off investments
  • The stock market's doing well! Made another $ 1,000 off my stocks. I've hit the $ 2,000 tier; here's hoping, my stocks keep soaring!
Learn 5 new piano songs ( 4 / 5 )
  • Finished Gounod/Bach's version of Ave Maria. I'm going to learn Lamb of God by Twila Paris next.
Read the Bible
  • The book of Job's a tough read, but worth it. I'm glad Biblegateway has those commentaries to clarify what's going on.
Volunteer
  • Volunteered last Saturday in the Divine Mercy conference at St. Timothy's Church. Surprised that many people came. It was great. I stayed the entire time, helping out registration, the kitchen, and wherever else they needed me. And I'm glad I stuck around cuz now I know all about the Divine Mercy.

    Gonna keep looking for other places that need volunteering. It felt great!
Draw
  • As my friend suggested, I'm gonna try to draw or sketch something at least once a day, starting today. I'll even scan these sketches up on my updates from time to time.
Compose
  • Ah I've been stuck with this one. I just need the right motivation and fire again.

And that is how my week went. Hope you readers have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment