Monday, May 10, 2010

May: the First Week

Completely forgot to update my blog this weekend. Updating on a Saturday's kind of difficult cuz the main priority for the weekend is to have fun. Had a blast with all the Mothers that came to our place to celebrate Mother's day. My "nephew" (really 1st cousin once removed) even came!

With that said, here's my progress report:

Improve Tagalog by speaking a different sentence a day
  • Even though it feels like I'm making fun of my people's language, I don't care! It's fun to speak blurbs of Tag A Log here and there, without having to pause and think.
Learn to cook a new meal each month ( 3 / 12 )
  • I keep hearing "baked Alaska" being shouted out for this month. Maybe I will do that; do something a bit more difficult to make up for last month's mishap.
Ballroom Dancing
  • Still going. Rumba's super fun, with all the hip shaking and knee bending. I'm excited for next month too! Waltz is gonna be taught. Should be neat.
Befriend someone new
  • Need advice for this one. I can never break through the "acquaintance phase". Suggestions?
Consume an average of 1800 Calories per day ( 234,820 / 657,000 Calories total for the year)
  • Consumed 13,480 Calories, or 1925 Calories per day. I'm getting pretty bad at handling make Caloric intake. But every weekend there just seems to be some kind of party with good food. Can. Not. Resist.
Read 5 new books (4 / 5)
  • Still on My Life with the Saints. About 1/4th done. It's actually quite good. I never knew what Saints' roles were until I've started to read that book. Will give a review once finished.
Maintain budget of $40 per month for game related purchases ($ 170 / $ 480 for the year)
  • Bought Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. If there was a videogame that was equivalent to cigarettes, this game would be it. It is pure addiction. It's cost me so much precious sleep. SO FUN.
Spend at least 20 minutes a day to walk the dogs
  • Heh, I totally fail here. I've neglected to walk them because of Monster Hunter Tri. I'll do it this week for shizzle.
Don't curse for 300 days (accumulated) (87 / 300)
  • 5 for 7. Monster Hunter Tri makes me curse. Ha ha.
Make money off investments
  • Thursday was an interesting day for stocks. DJI went down 1000 points that day! I almost had a heart attack. Lost like $1,000 that moment, but it went back up. Phew.
Learn 5 new piano songs (4/5)
  • Still learning Lamb of God. Ah, I'm really starting to play less and less cuz of Monster Hunter Tri.
Read one book from the Bible each month
  • Did I mention I'm on Psalms? Lotsa good stuff there. Bookmarked a few of them. All are good.

And with that, the first week is under wraps. I'll update (for sure!) on Saturday. For sure I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment