Saturday, May 1, 2010

What happened April?

Yeah so, that month went zipping by. Not a good month for me and my resolutions. A rollercoaster type of month overall.

All the April weekends were occupied by some event. I couldn't find the time to do some of the goals I wanted to achieve. That makes me sad.

Anyhoo, here's my progress report:

Learn Ilokano
  • Learned two new phrases! ba am la tan - "never mind" and gur ka - "wait"
Improve Tagalog
  • This is taking time, but I'm getting better at it. I just say stuff without pausing to think now
Cook meal each month ( 3 / 12 )
  • Here's the start of my unmet goals. I failed to cook a meal in the month of April! Argh. This won't happen again. I'll keep this, but in the end, the best I can do will be 11 / 12 :(
Ballroom Dancing
  • Finished Tango. Liked it a lot. May take advanced Tango this month.
Befriend someone new
  • This is difficult. Don't know why. I'm not that anti-social. I think.
Consume 1,800 Calories per day ( 221,340 / 657,000 Calories for the year )
  • Like I said, April was full of events. In those events came great food. I consumed, in my last week (9 days) about 18,030 Calories, or 2,003 Calories per day. That's not that bad considering what a crazy month April was.
Read 5 new books ( 4 / 5 )
  • Reading My Life with the Saints by James Martin. So far pretty interesting. I like.
Maintain a budget of $ 40 per month for game related purchases ( $105 / $480 )
  • Surprised I didn't purchase anything for April. May on the other hand will be a different story =]
Create Facebook App
  • Yet another goal I haven't achieved. I really need to start little by little on this one. First up: learn Flash.
Spend at least 20 minutes walking the dogs each day
  • Ugh, I've been slacking here too. Mondays I skip walking the dogs. "Too early" I think to myself. That's gonna change in May.
Don't curse for 300 days ( 82 / 300 )
  • Haha so difficult. Went 6 / 9 the last week. Gotta stop saying "frick" all the time.
Make money off investments
  • Damn you GS! Taking down BAC and C with you! Anyhow, I just gotta keep waiting this out. Eventually my stock'll bounce back up.
Don't miss Church
  • 4 / 4!
Find new job
  • Ooooo this one's interesting. I might seriously look into this one soon. There's been 4 layoffs in my company. And my manager left for Amazon. This company's getting rocky, so I'll be prepping my resume and shopping around online in the next few months.
Buy own place
  • Not til my Dad gets a job.
Learn 5 new piano songs ( 4 / 5 )
  • Almost done with Lamb of God by Twila Paris. Just need to polish it up, and I can check this off my list!
Learn 5 new guitar songs ( 0 / 5 )
  • Almost done above so I can start this one soon!
Teach Charlie new tricks
  • He can rollover. With a treat. Under the right conditions. But he still can!
Read Bible
  • Finished Job. That was a difficult read. Had to read up on some of the commentaries to see what was going on. Glad I kept at it though. Job really was something special, and his friends didn't help with anything. Onto Psalms.
Volunteer
  • Did this one @ Church. Blood donation tomorrow! That should count for May XD
Draw
  • NEED TO DO THIS. This one is burning inside me, but I haven't produced anything. I'm gonna have to be serious about this one.
Compose
  • This one can wait. I'll leave it in the backburner for now.

And that was April. Great month. It went by blazingly fast. My cousin's debut, and another cousin's Wedding in Tahoe were great moments. It also came with bad moments with the layoffs and my manager leaving the company.

So May, you 31 day month: you better be less eventful than April so I can accomplish more goals and make up my shortcomings from April!

Til next Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. nice machobear... can't believe you haven't started drawing yet... but maybe i can believe... haha cuz i'm lazy with it too. anyway keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete